Ten Romantic Evening Ideas
By Anna Lynn Sibal
It takes work to come up with a romantic way to spend an evening with your beloved. But no matter how much work it takes, the effort is necessary to keep the fire of your relationship alive. It certainly keeps the relationship interesting and exciting.
How can you spend a romantic evening with your partner? Here are ten ideas that can work towards the two of you having a great romantic evening.
1. Cook dinner together. Whipping up your favorite dishes together and then eating them by candlelight is the staple of all romantic evenings. Great times always involve great food. If the dinner gets burned, it should not be a problem. You can just order fast-food takeout and eat it with the candles alit, all the while laughing at the disaster in your kitchen.
2. Have a bath together. Fill your tub with warm water and mix in a few drops of relaxing aromatherapy oils. If you have flowers available, sprinkle a handful of petals on the water. Then, soak in and relax and have a pleasant evening talking with each other. You can also sip wine while bathing.
3. Read to each other. If you are both literary types, get the corniest romantic novel that you own and take turns reading passages to each other. It is always hard to read the corny parts aloud with a straight face. Most likely, the two of you will end up laughing over it.
4. Book an overnight stay at an expensive hotel. If you have the money to spend, go and splurge for an evening at a five-star hotel. Eat at a fancy restaurant, do a couples massage, and sleep in a soft bed with luxurious sheets. It may cost some, but it is worth it.
5. Spend the night at a seedy motel. Seedy motels sometimes evoke the sense of forbidden, illicit affairs. These affairs can be exciting, but what is good about this one is that you are committing it with someone you are actually dating with or married to.
6. Walk at the beach. If you live near the sea or a lake, go out and walk barefoot by the shore. Talk about nothing and everything as you stroll hand in hand on the sand. If the weather is warm enough, go for a night swim, but be careful about it. The beach can be romantic indeed.
7. Go out dancing. Go to a local disco, jazz hall or dance club and spend the evening dancing. There is nothing more romantic than being able to hold the one you love close to you.
8. Do something new. The beauty of romance is tied closely to adventure. For a romantic evening, do something that the two of you have never done before. Go to a restaurant in a section of town that you do not normally go to or engage in an activity that you have not done yet.
9. Watch the stars. If you have a balcony, a terrace or a patio, spend some time lounging out there and watching the stars. It would be better if you have a telescope around.
10. Do nothing. Sometimes, just hanging out and just going with the flow is the best way to spend a romantic evening. Let everything be spontaneous and see where it gets you.